Landslide...

Going with a bit of nostalgia...
I took my love and i took it down...
Climbed a mountain and i turned around.
And i saw my reflection in the snow covered hills,
till the landslide brought me down.
Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart, rise above?
And can i sail through the changing ocean tides.
Can i handle the seasons of my life?
Oh, oh i don't know, oh i don't know.
Well, I've been afraid of changing,
'cause i built my life around you.
But time makes you bolder,
children get older, I'm getting older too.
Yes, I'm getting older too, so...
I've been afraid of changing,
'cause i built my life around you.
But time makes you bolder,
children get older and I'm getting older too.
Oh yes, I'm getting older too.
So, take this love, take it down.
Oh, if you climb a mountain and you turn around.
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills,
Well, the landslide will bring you down, down.
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills...
well maybe...
the landslide will bring you down, down,
well, well, the landslide will bring you down.  
When Stevie Nicks sings a song, you listen. 
You listen because she is telling a story. But not just any story; she is telling you a story about her life. 

'Some' people believed she should not have spoken out about 'Kristen and the fan and media hate' over the summer. But this is a woman who is not afraid of admitting about her own 'transgressions' her own 'demons' and knows what it's like to be part of a million dollar making industry. Where you are lead into situations or events in life, without thinking things through. without thinking of the consequences of your actions and the people around you that you hurt.

If the same 'some' people believe, that love is an emotion in which everything is simply perfect. That there are no hardships or pain or suffering. That your love for a person is never ending; they are the one and only and nothing or no one, will take that away from you. Temptation whether it be of the flesh or the need to be something or someone, doesn't happen...
Then 'they' really don't know what love is all about.

Love is hard, love is incredibly precious and time consuming and sometimes, things happen in life, that can take it all away from you. If you are not careful, you start losing your way. You stop paying attention to what it's all about and miss the signs. Signs that warn that if you are not careful...you will loose the greatest love you have ever had.

So, you fight for it.
If it's worth fighting then it's worth fighting for. If you can see yourself in the other person's eyes and see yourself growing old with them, despite the demons you will undoubtedly face together - then it's a love that is ever evolving, ever changing and grows with you.

Climb a mountain and take a good look around you. See your reflection in everything you do. Life is full of changes and you change too. You get older, you want different things and you understand as you get older, that the things you wanted then are not necessarily the same things you want now. If you build your life around someone, be prepared for the changes and try not to loose who you are. Then maybe, just maybe you will then understand something about love.

I know two people did.
T.
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Do I Dazzle You? is proudly powered by blogger.com